Friday, August 1, 2014
Oh Hey Friday
1. It's August. As in, my wedding anniversary month. And this year we will be celebrating five years. As my husband points out, it's not some big round number divisible by ten, however five seems to be pretty significant when it's labeling the number of years one has been wedded to his or her spouse. I always, always thought we would go on some big (and possible fancy) trip for our five year anniversary. White sandy beaches, SCUBA diving, and fruity island drinks. Alas it's not in the cards; with a transcontinental move looming and Max already doing work on the other side of the country, it's so not the time. I am coming to terms with the fact that it's a big possibility we won't even be in the same state on our anniversary. I know it's silly, but it makes my heart hurt. I realize that we are very lucky just to be in the position where traveling is an option and something we can afford, and for that I am so grateful. In the meantime, I will keep myself happy with fabulous memories of vacations past.
2. And I will eat yummy exotic fruit like we munched on during our honeymoon.
3. If you would have asked me five years ago where we would be right now, I never would have guessed that Max and I would be living on opposite sides of the country. It's sad y'all.
4. At the same time, I never would have guessed I would be a mamma to this deliciously sweet, amazing little man! (I in fact thought we would only have girls, ha!)
5. Send some prayers, happy thoughts, good vibes and well wishes our way. Hoping that the relocation will be complete soon!