1. We are officially signed up for Community Supported Agriculture for summer 2015! This was one of the things on my must-do list when we decided to move to the south (it was kind of non-existent in the desert so I wanted to take advantage!). We went with Doe Run Farms, so once a week all summer Parker and I will head to the town square and pick up our mini bushel of produce plus the extra "fruit lovers" portion that we added. I. Can't. Wait. I've been feeling so uninspired cooking lately with all the meh produce out there, so I'm hoping this will jump start some healthy eating habits!!
2. Have y'all heard of the "flat white" from Starbucks? I ordered one yesterday. It uses "ristretto" shots of espresso which apparently brew for a shorter amount of time and with less water. I actually couldn't tell much of a difference between it and a regular latte - maybe it was a bit smoother? I'm not sure if this was the sugar pill effect though, with me expecting it to taste different so it did? And, I'm actually a cappuccino fan so the drink was a bit heavy on the milk for my taste. I do think I need to try it again, though!
3. I have still not tired of the cold! Call it living in the desert for five years, but I am having fun with hats and scarves and coats. Even in eighteen degrees. Our trips to Target look very different now!
4. AND, we finally got some snow, adding to the whole "this cold weather thing is incredible!" mind set.
5. Our weekend started last night! Max works extra long days so he can take every other Friday off (it's a company wide thing) and let me tell you, it is fantastic.
I can't wait for more of this. I mean, this is what weekends are all about! Love!