1. I won't disclose how many heart-shaped cookie cutters I own. It's in the double digits is all I will say. Anyway, they are in constant use over these first two weeks of February, so they are earning their keep. My newest way to use them? As a stencil - exampled here for the granola topping on my breakfast yogurt. Pretty and festive!
2. I was able to view not one but two new (to me) movies over the weekend on my solo flights to and from Scottsdale. Yep, I left my boys for three nights (for the first time ever!) and visited our old stomping grounds. All the thank-yous to husby for staying home with little man, and exponential thank-yous for sending me First Class (yay for frequent flyer miles). On the way there it was The Intern(and a Bloody Mary... because First Class). I hadn't realized that the premise of this movie was incredibly sad. Once I got past that, though, the rest was humorous and quirky, and I'm pretty much a fan of anything Anne Hathaway does so I enjoyed it.
On the way back, it was Everest(and the sunrise). This was actually a fantastic pick for a flight - lots of action and super interesting. I'd totally recommend it.
The flights themselves were mini vacations for me - a big seat, someone bringing me beverages, and a movie of my choice! I was totally spoiled. February in the desert is the best, so I enjoyed lots of outside time while there, plus a visit to my favorite spa, and a baby shower tea!
Back in Alabama, Max and Parker were enjoying Boy Time. They sent this photo from the Mardi Gras parade on the town square, and I loved how happy they looked!
I returned Monday and got the sweetest, most excited homecoming. Followed by snow. One weather extreme to another. Parker really wanted a snowman, so we made a mini one :)
3. Conversation Hearts. A Valentine must. My first full-day back, Parker and I sorted and made patterns.
4. The next day, we were on to Valentine cookies.
Parker requested we make M&M cookies, so we used this recipe for chocolate chip cookies, and stirred in mini chocolate chips and Valentine M&Ms.
I had plans to hand them out to the neighbors, but, um, they are all gone now.
5. Did anyone try the special Molten Chocolate Latte from Starbucks?
I'm a sucker for anything festive and exclusive like that (the Molten Chocolate drinks were a limited option for Valentine week only) so of course I had to order one. It was a bit over the top chocolaty (which is saying something coming from me). The whip cream even was a chocolate/coffee whip cream! The drink also boasted melted chocolate chunks, and claimed you would find some pieces at the bottom of your cup (I did). A fun treat, but for someone who normally orders cappuccinos, it was a bit much.
Happy Valentine's Weekend!