Before it's officially 2016, here's our Advent Calendar update, Part 2...
9. Make hot chocolate with marshmallows and sprinkles
10. Read The Gingerbread Man and bake gingerbread cookies
11. Shop for a toy to donate to an Angel Tree
12. Decorate gingerbread houses
15. Read about the nativity
16. Play with the felt Christmas Tree
17. Watch the Christmas Parade downtown
18. Dance to festive tunes
19. Pop popcorn and watch a Christmas movie*This was a big deal as it was Parker's very first movie, ever! Our little family of three watched A Charlie Brown Christmas all together.
20. Drive the Galaxy of Lights at the Botanic Gardens
22. Walk the Tinsel Trail downtown
23. Rudolph Day
24. Open one gift under the tree and read The Night Before Christmas
This version by Mary Engelbreit is my favorite; the illustrations are gorgeous.
Parker was all sorts of sad to put away the advent calendar... and I can tell you, I'm all sorts of sad that my morning coffee no longer looks like this:
We're currently taking down the Christmas decorations, and everything is looking so naked and bare! Is anyone else thinking this at their house?? Perhaps I can just leave up the garland??