One year ago today...

One year ago today, I was home alone fiddling around on the computer making a photo book for Max's upcoming 30th birthday, when all of a sudden, I got the urge to go take a pregnancy test and ran to our room to get one. I had already taken one just a couple days before, and Max and I had watched as only one line appeared. Boo. I had kept looking back at the test all day long, as if a second line might magically appear. It didn't. Since it was a bit early to test, we talked about doing another test the following weekend, which would for sure be able to tell us.

I'm not sure what made me decide to take another test on my own. As I was unwrapping it I was thinking what a waste it was, but it was too late and the test was open. I remember looking at the test while it blinked the hourglass symbol (showing that it was working). Then looking again at the hourglass. Then I glanced at it and BAM- Pregnant. I did a triple take. Then I kept waiting for the "Not" to pop up (it didn't). Then I basically started pacing around like a crazy lady all over the house. Max and I always said we would look at pregnancy test results together (and we had looked at a million of them - all negative). And finally when it turned up positive, I was alone! This was not at all as I had planned for it to go!

I was debating what to do about my husband, who was working away at the office with no idea of what was going on at home. I thought about not telling him and taking another test with him that night. I decided against it since 1. I probably wouldn't be able to convince him we should take one so soon after the negative one, and 2. I'm really bad at lying so I wouldn't be able to keep the secret anyway. I decide to text Max and ask if he could face time. I never face time with Max during the workday. Sometimes he'll face time on his way out, but that's usually when he's leaving the office super late and no one's around. Luckily, we had actually talked about face timing that day so he could walk me through turning off the house's load controller when it clicked on. I was pretty confident that that's what he thought the face time invitation was for. As soon as he got me on the monitor, though, he knew something was up and guessed it right away! I showed him the test, giddy with excitement!

I felt sooo bad for taking the test without him, but at the same soooo excited!! We took another test together that night which confirmed it. Two lines! We were pregnant!! I was one month along and baby was the size of a poppy seed.

It's so amazing to look back and know that it was sweet baby Parker growing in my tummy all along... 

And now, one year later, Max and I are parents to the most wonderful bundle of sweetness, almost four months old! What a difference a year makes! 

1 comment

  1. so fun -- it's crazy how quickly time flies. Parker is so adorable! :)


Powered by Blogger.